See our full Calendar for classes and courses
- Shiatsu CPD Day with Hannah Mackay – Saturday 4 November – Including the whole person, including the symptom: chronic health problems This workshop will focus on our shiatsu work with people who have chronic physical health problems that impact their lives. We will be exploring the Vibrational Levels (elemental, physical, emotional, mental, spiritual) and how we can connect holistically to support people with their chronic health issues, and the links to all aspects of living life. For Shiatsu practitioners and advanced students. Please contact Hannah for info and to book at email@example.com
- Shiatsu Practitioner Training – Saturday 11 & Sunday 12 November with Shiatsu College Manchester. For more information, contact the Shiatsu College at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Restorative Yoga Workshop with Maryline – Saturday 19 November 10.30am-12pm. Escape the hussle and bustle of City life and come restore your precious energy for a 2-hr class guaranteed to help you improve your well-being and overall sense of calm. Restorative Yoga suits anyone with a busy lifestyle, wishing to maintain good energy levels or to help relieve stress & anxiety symptoms. The fee includes Maryline’s homemade chai tea on arrival, and delicious homemade treats post-class. We will also record the final relaxation and the file will be sent to you. Suitable for everybody and all levels of Yoga including beginners. (not suitable for pregnancy – suitable from 8 weeks post-birth). £25 + EventBrite fees on EventBrite. Any questions, please contact email@example.com
- Feldenkrais Workshop with Anne Robertson – Sunday 19 November 2-5pm – …and breathe… Our first and most important habit… There is no one correct way to breathe, rather, our breathing needs to be adaptive and adaptable. When we have awareness, choices, and the potential of unrestricted movement, our system can make the adjustments required for our breathing to serve our needs at any given moment.
This workshop will put you more in touch with your breath and give you a better understanding of this vital function. Cost £40 or £35 concession (in advance), £45/£40 (on the day). Please book with Anne firstname.lastname@example.org tel: 07951728862. More information about what Feldenkrais is – Feldenkrais Method
- Yoga Workshop with Christine Howitt – Releasing the Spine – Saturday 25 November 10-1pm In this workshop we will be opening up new possibilities to restore ease and mobility in the spine. The spine needs to move in all directions to stay nourished and to retain its flexibility and strength. We will explore how to undo holding patterns and create a new freedom in the body. For those who have 3 months yoga experience with Christine or equivalent. £40 payable by bank transfer. Please contact Christine to book: email@example.com or christinehowittyoga.co.uk
- Women’s circle – Saturday 25 November 3-5pm with Darleen Klug. This is an event for women to come together in a safe space where they can be heard and seen. There is so much power in sharing your journey with others, as you will see that you are not alone after all. We will journal, meditate, pull oracle cards, share (as you wish), move our bodies, drink tea (with a sweet treat!), move through a powerful visualisation, and more. £29 per person (plus booking fee, but see Note on event description). For bookings, go on EventBrite at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/womens-circle-manchester-tickets-723869291537
- Shiatsu Practitioner Training – Saturday 2 & Sunday 3 December with Shiatsu College Manchester. For more information, contact the Shiatsu College at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Yoga Workshop with Christine Howitt – Saturday 16 December 10-1pm – Embracing Winter and the slow lane
A deeply nourishing practice to restore vitality and to balance the Nervous System. In this workshop we will be combining the practice of Hanna Somatics with Yoga to ease us into winter. This is an opportunity to pause and reset. A movement practice can feel invigorating, stimulating, energising and at the same time honour our need to rest and restore. It is possible to experience a quality of stillness within activity and dynamism within rest. For those who have 3 months yoga experience with Christine or equivalent. £40 payable by bank transfer. Please contact Christine to book: email@example.com or christinehowittyoga.co.uk
- Feldenkrais Workshop with Anne Robertson – Sunday 17 December 2-5pm – Easier Arms and Hands Our wonderful articulate hands: from the simplest daily task to the most extraordinary artistic and scientific achievements we rely on one of evolutions greatest gifts. This workshop will explore how we can protect our arms and hands from the impact of repetitive use. Cost £40 or £35 concession (in advance), £45/£40 (on the day). Please book with Anne firstname.lastname@example.org tel: 07951728862. More information about what Feldenkrais is – Feldenkrais Method
- Resting Deeply Workshop with Padmadarshini – Tuesday 19 December 5.30-8pm Yes, this year this workshop is exceptionally held on a Tuesday night! In nature Winter is the slow season. Animals and plants rest up and conserve their energy. We too as humans can really benefit by honouring these cycles of activity and rest. We will follow a sequence of restorative yoga poses that support calm, relaxation, a softening of body, heart and mind. come and give yourself space, space to relax, to be and to know in your own body the slow season that nurtures all life. This workshop is open to everyone including complete beginners. £40 or £30 concession. Booking essential. Please book with Padmadarshini directly: email@example.com
Book your Workshop
Please contact the teacher directly to book your workshop. Details are provided above for each workshop.
See our Calendar for dates and details.
We supply all equipment for you to use in your class or course, although you can also bring your own. Please wear some comfortable clothes. You can also buy yoga equipment and books from the Manchester Buddhist Centre bookshop. See their opening times here under ‘How to get here’
Our way to practice is one step at a time, one breath at a time. Shunryu Suzuki
One-to-one tuition is an opportunity to explore yoga in more depth where we can help you tailor your practice to your own needs, either to accommodate an injury or health issue or help develop your own personal yoga or movement practice. 1 hour sessions cost £40 to £50. Call us for more information.
We have a beautiful purpose designed studio here at Bodywise, a quiet oasis in the heart of Manchester city centre.
Yoga & Movement Teachers
What kind of Yoga?
We teach dynamic flow sequences harmonising breath and movement which build strength, vitality and fluidity. This is balanced by a quiet yin style yoga practice which cultivates relaxation and stillness. We limit class size to optimise personal attention. In a yoga class you will learn about the core movement principles that underpin the practice of yoga and experience how these develop strength in the body.