See our full Calendar for classes and courses
- Feldenkrais Workshop with Anne Robertson – Saturday 7 December 2-5pm – And breathe… There is no one correct way to breathe, rather it is important that our breathing is adaptive. When we have choices, awareness and the potential of movement unrestricted by habit, our system can make the adjustments required to serve our needs. This workshop will put you more in touch with and give you a better understanding of this vital function. These workshops take place in Bodywise yoga studio and cost £35 or £30 concession, each with a different focus of Feldenkrais. Book with Anne email@example.com tel: 07951728862. More information about what Feldenkrais is – Feldenkrais Method
- Shiatsu Practitioner Training – Saturday 14 & Sunday 15 December with Shiatsu College Manchester. For more information, contact Phil at the Shiatsu College firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resting Deeply Workshop with Padmadarshini – Saturday 21 December 2-5pm Winter Solstice Restorative Yoga Workshop. Open to everyone including complete beginners. In nature Winter is the slow season. Animal and plants rest up and conserve their energy awaiting the new life and creativity that comes with Spring. We too as humans can really benefit by honouring these cycles of activity and rest. So in this workshop we will rest. We will follow a sequence of restorative yoga poses that support calm, relaxation, a softening of body, heart and mind. £40 or £35 concession. Please book through Bodywise: 0161 833 2528 email@example.com
- Yoga Workshop with Gaby Porter – Saturday 11 January 10-1pm – Awakening our senses Finding ease and support for movement through breath and gravity. In this workshop, we will use the gentle neuromuscular approach of Hanna somatics to awaken connections that may have gone into hibernation, release any chronic muscle tension and find support in our centre. We will explore different planes and ranges of movement in accessible yoga sequences. The workshop will be largely experiential, with some demonstrations and partner work. The workshop is suitable for you if you have at least three months’ yoga practice or an equivalent physical practice. £35 or £30 concession. Please contact Gaby for more information and to reserve a place: firstname.lastname@example.org or 07968 367930
- Feldenkrais Workshop with Anne Robertson – Saturday 11 January 2-5pm These workshops take place in Bodywise yoga studio and cost £35 or £30 concession, each with a different focus of Feldenkrais. Book with Anne email@example.com tel: 07951728862. More information about what Feldenkrais is – Feldenkrais Method
- Shiatsu Practitioner Training – Saturday 18 & Sunday 19 January with Shiatsu College Manchester. For more information, contact Phil at the Shiatsu College firstname.lastname@example.org
- Yoga Workshop with Christine Howitt – Saturday 25 January 10am-1pm For those who have 3 months yoga experience with Christine or equivalent. £40 or £35 concession. Please book through Bodywise: 0161 833 2528 email@example.com
Book your Workshop
If the workshop you would like to book on shows you need to book through Bodywise, please call or email us to check availability before you pay by cash, cheque or Paypal (for Christine or Padmadarshini’s workshops only – please see bottom of page).
See our Calendar for dates and details.
We supply all equipment for you to use in your class or course. You can also buy yoga mats, belts and eye bags from the Manchester Buddhist Centre bookshop. See their opening times here under ‘How to get here’
Our way to practice is one step at a time, one breath at a time. Shunryu Suzuki
One-to-one tuition is an opportunity to explore yoga in more depth where we can help you tailor your practice to your own needs, either to accommodate an injury or health issue or help develop your own personal yoga or movement practice. 1 hour sessions cost £48. Call us for more information.
We have a beautiful purpose designed studio here at Bodywise, a quiet oasis in the heart of Manchester city centre.
Yoga & Movement Teachers
All our Teachers are fully trained with a high degree of continued professional development. Find out more about the Yoga Teachers and Movement Teachers.
What kind of Yoga?
We teach dynamic flow sequences harmonising breath and movement which build strength, vitality and fluidity. This is balanced by a quiet yin style yoga practice which cultivates relaxation and stillness. We limit class size to optimise personal attention. In a yoga class you will learn about the core movement principles that underpin the practice of yoga and experience how these develop strength in the body.
Payment with PayPal
Pay £20 to secure your place on a workshop with Christine or Padmadarshini
- There is a £1 admin charge
|Select from drop down menu below:|