See our full Calendar for classes and courses
- Yoga Workshop with Gaby Porter – Living and moving with ease: freeing the neck, shoulders and upper body – Saturday 12 January 10am-1pm Sitting for long periods at computers or driving, focusing on tiny smartphone screens, habits of ‘bracing’ ourselves – all these can lead to tension and pain in our neck, shoulders and upper body. This workshop brings together Hanna somatics and yoga. The workshops are suitable for you if you have at least three months’ yoga practice or an equivalent physical practice. £35 or £30 concession. Please contact Gaby for more information and to reserve a place: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Feldenkrais Workshop with Anne Robertson – Feldenkrais Facelift – Saturday 12 January 2-5pm We take some of the most obvious ways that our facial expressions relate to our emotions for granted, but there are many subtle ways that the movement or lack of movement of our lips, tongue, jaw, neck and eyes connect to our posture, breathing and sense of wellbeing, to our sense of self and to our relationship with others. In this workshop you will explore and update your facial habits, leaving you feeling refreshed and de-stressed. These workshops take place in Bodywise yoga studio and cost £30 or £25 concession. Please book with Anne email@example.com tel: 07951728862. More information about what Feldenkrais is – Feldenkrais Method
- Shiatsu Practitioner Training – Saturday 19 & Sunday 20 January with Shiatsu College Manchester. For more information, contact Phil at the Shiatsu College firstname.lastname@example.org
- Yoga Workshop with Christine Howitt – Freeing Tension in the neck, shoulders and upper body – Saturday 26 January 10am-1pm The shoulders, neck and upper body are often areas where we hold a great deal of tension. This is often related to tension held through the diaphragms. This workshop will explore how we can begin to let go of these holding patterns. For those who have 3 months yoga experience with Christine or equivalent. £40 or £35 concession. Please book through Bodywise: 0161 833 2528 email@example.com See below under “Book your workshop” for more information.
- Meditation & Yoga Workshop with Manjunaga – Opening the Heart with Mindfulness – Saturday 26 January 2-5pm Learn to relax & still your mind through the practice of mindfulness. Includes Yang flowing movement through a combination of circular and spiral patterns, Yin-style practice, focusing on restorative and meditative practices, and meditation. This workshop is ideal for anybody wishing to explore yoga and meditation for the first time, or students with an established practice wishing to go deeper. For more information: www.manjunaga.com. Full workshop price is £32/£27 non-refundable, non-transferable. Please book with Manjunaga directly firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mindful Movement Training – Saturday 2 & Sunday 2 February with Breathworks. For more information, contact Breathworks at email@example.com
- Shiatsu Practitioner Training – Saturday 9 & Sunday 10 February with Shiatsu College Manchester. For more information, contact Phil at the Shiatsu College firstname.lastname@example.org
- Yin/Restorative Yoga Workshop with Manjunaga – Saturday 16 February 2-5pm Yin yoga is a deeply relaxing, restorative approach to practice. Through longer held postures, it aims to relax our musculature and work on the connective tissues, also stimulating our subtle energy systems within the body. Yin yoga is a perfect balance to a more ‘yang’ style dynamic practice, and offers deep peace within the stresses of a busy urban life. For more information: www.manjunaga.com. Full workshop price is £32/£27 non-refundable, non-transferable. Please book with Manjunaga directly email@example.com
- Somatic Movement Workshop with Padmadarshini – Saturday 23 February 10am-4.30pm Creating a space for movement, stillness, spontaneity and playfulness. No prior experience of movement or bodywork is needed. Please do get in touch by email if you have any questions. Places are limited so booking early is advised. £48 or £40 concession. Please book through Bodywise: 0161 833 2528 firstname.lastname@example.org See below under “Book your workshop” for more information.
- FULL – Yin Yoga and Sound Healing Workshop with Lynne-Marie Eccleston and Joanne Adams – Sunday 24 February 10.30am-1pm Yin Yoga uses cushions, bolsters and blankets to facilitate a deep practice of letting go. Tibetan singing bowls offer deep relaxing and beautiful sounds facilitating healing on many levels. This workshop is fully booked.
Book your Workshop
If the workshop you would like to book on shows you need to book through Bodywise, please call or email us to check availability before you pay by cash, cheque or Paypal (for Christine or Padmadarshini’s workshops only – please see bottom of page).
See our Calendar for dates and details.
We supply all equipment for you to use in your class or course. You can also buy yoga mats, belts and eye bags from the Manchester Buddhist Centre bookshop. See their opening times here under ‘How to get here’
Our way to practice is one step at a time, one breath at a time. Shunryu Suzuki
One-to-one tuition is an opportunity to explore yoga in more depth where we can help you tailor your practice to your own needs, either to accommodate an injury or health issue or help develop your own personal yoga or movement practice. 1 hour sessions cost £48. Call us for more information.
We have a beautiful purpose designed studio here at Bodywise, a quiet oasis in the heart of Manchester city centre.
Yoga & Movement Teachers
All our Teachers are fully trained with a high degree of continued professional development. Find out more about the Yoga Teachers and Movement Teachers.
What kind of Yoga?
We teach dynamic flow sequences harmonising breath and movement which build strength, vitality and fluidity. This is balanced by a quiet yin style yoga practice which cultivates relaxation and stillness. We limit class size to optimise personal attention. In a yoga class you will learn about the core movement principles that underpin the practice of yoga and experience how these develop strength in the body.
Payment with PayPal
Pay £20 to secure your place on a workshop with Christine or Padmadarshini
- There is a £1 admin charge