See our full Calendar for classes and courses
- Introducing Shamanism Day Workshop – Saturday 3 November 10.15 – 5pm with Paul Connery and Dan Khan. The day is experiential, and covers the basics of shamanic practice. People usually find them an eye-opening experience that opens a rich and amazing world of possibilities. Participants are shown simple yet profound techniques to enter shamanic reality to reconnect to their own spirituality. No prior experience is necessary. Cost £50. More information on the workshop content and Therapeutic Shamanism here. To book contact Paul firstname.lastname@example.org
- CANCELLED – Yoga Workshop with Christine Howitt – Sunday 4 November 10-1pm – Stable ground When we are centred and our weight moves clearly through the bones to the ground, we experience a profound sense of support and ease and a deep sense of stability through all the layers of our being. For those who have 3 months yoga experience with Christine or equivalent. £40 or £35 concession. Please book through Bodywise: 0161 833 2528 email@example.com
- Shiatsu Practitioner Training – Saturday 10 & Sunday 11 November with Shiatsu College Manchester. For more information, contact Phil at the Shiatsu College firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shiatsu Practitioner Training – Saturday 17 & Sunday 18 November with Shiatsu College Manchester. For more information, contact Phil at the Shiatsu College email@example.com
- Mindful Movement Training – Saturday 24 & Sunday 25 November with Breathworks. For more information, contact Breathworks at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Relax Kids Training – Saturday 1 & Sunday 2 December. For more information see Relax Kids website www.relaxkids.com
- Shiatsu Practitioner Training – Saturday 8 & Sunday 9 December with Shiatsu College Manchester. For more information, contact Phil at the Shiatsu College email@example.com
- Feldenkrais Workshop with Anne Robertson – Saturday 15 December 2-5pm repeated on Sunday 16 December 2-5pm – Easier Hands and Arms This workshop will explore how we can protect our arms and hands from the impact of repetitive use, at a keyboard, thumb-texting, playing sports, musical instruments, or simply sheer hard work. Cost £35 or £30 concession, each with a different focus of Feldenkrais. Please book with Anne firstname.lastname@example.org tel: 07951728862. More information about what Feldenkrais is – Feldenkrais Method
- Resting Deeply Yoga Workshop with Padmadarshini – Saturday 22 December 2-5pm Open to everyone including complete beginners. In nature Winter is the slow season. Animal and plants rest up and conserve their energy awaiting the new life and creativity that comes with Spring. We too as humans can really benefit by honouring these cycles of activity and rest. So in this workshop we will rest. We will follow a sequence of restorative yoga poses that support calm, relaxation, a softening of body, heart and mind. So for this afternoon let go of your busyness, don’t go Christmas shopping, come and give yourself space, space to relax, to be and to know in your own body the slow season that nurtures all life. £40 or £35 concession. Please book through Bodywise: 0161 833 2528 email@example.com
Book your Workshop
If the workshop you would like to book on shows you need to book through Bodywise, please call or email us to check availability before you pay by cash, cheque or Paypal (for Christine or Padmadarshini’s workshops only – please see bottom of page).
See our Calendar for dates and details.
We supply all equipment for you to use in your class or course. You can also buy yoga mats, belts and eye bags from the Manchester Buddhist Centre bookshop. See their opening times here under ‘How to get here’
Our way to practice is one step at a time, one breath at a time. Shunryu Suzuki
One-to-one tuition is an opportunity to explore yoga in more depth where we can help you tailor your practice to your own needs, either to accommodate an injury or health issue or help develop your own personal yoga or movement practice. 1 hour sessions cost £46. Call us for more information.
We have a beautiful purpose designed studio here at Bodywise, a quiet oasis in the heart of Manchester city centre.
Yoga & Movement Teachers
All our Teachers are fully trained with a high degree of continued professional development. Find out more about the Yoga Teachers and Movement Teachers.
What kind of Yoga?
We teach dynamic flow sequences harmonising breath and movement which build strength, vitality and fluidity. This is balanced by a quiet yin style yoga practice which cultivates relaxation and stillness. We limit class size to optimise personal attention. In a yoga class you will learn about the core movement principles that underpin the practice of yoga and experience how these develop strength in the body.
Payment with PayPal
Pay £20 to secure your place on a workshop with Christine or Padmadarshini
- There is a £1 admin charge