See our full Calendar for classes and courses
- Mindful Movement Training – Saturday 7 & Sunday 8 March with Breathworks. For more information, contact Breathworks at email@example.com
- Shiatsu Practitioner Training – Saturday 14 & Sunday 15 March with Shiatsu College Manchester. For more information, contact Phil at the Shiatsu College firstname.lastname@example.org
- CANCELLED Yoga Workshop with Manjunaga – Saturday 21 March 2-5pm – Relaxing on the Earth: Yin/Restorative Yoga Yin yoga is a deeply relaxing, restorative approach to practice. It focuses on the feminine with passive, meditative qualities. Through longer held postures, it aims to relax our musculature and work on the connective tissues, also stimulating our subtle energy systems within the body. Yin yoga is a perfect balance to a more ‘yang’ style dynamic practice, and offers deep peace within the stresses of a busy urban life. During the workshop we shall also have an opportunity to explore the deeply profound and relaxing practice of yoga nidra together. Leave feeling refreshed and restored. For more information: www.manjunaga.com . Full workshop price is £35/£30 non-refundable, non-transferable. Please book with Manjunaga directly email@example.com
- CANCELLED Feldenkrais Workshop with Anne Robertson – Sunday 22 March 2-5pm – Easier Arms and Hands This workshop will explore how we can protect our hands and arms and avoid the impact of repetitive or over-use –- by finding dynamic support from the skeleton and the big muscles of the trunk –- by becoming aware of habits and patterns of activity which necessary for some tasks but not for others — by developing more choices in the way we use ourselves. These workshops take place in Bodywise yoga studio, each with a different focus of Feldenkrais. Cost £35 or £30 concession. Book with Anne firstname.lastname@example.org tel: 07951728862. More information about what Feldenkrais is – Feldenkrais Method
- Yoga Workshop with Christine Howitt – Saturday 28 March 10am-1pm – Freeing tension in neck, shoulders and upper body. PLEASE NOTE THIS WORKSHOP IS POSTPONED. IT WILL BE RUN ONLINE. It may not be a 3-hour workshop. The shoulders, neck and upper body are often areas where we hold a good deal of tension. This is often related to tension held through the thoracic and pelvic diaphragms. This workshop will explore how we can begin to let go of these holding patterns by enlisting the support of the heart and lungs and understanding the interplay of the diaphragms with these organs. For those who have 3 months yoga experience with Christine or equivalent. £40 or £35 concession. Please book through Bodywise: 0161 833 2528 email@example.com
- CANCELLED Introducing Shamanism Day Workshop – Saturday 4 April 10.30-5pm with Paul Connery and Dan Khan. The day is experiential, and covers the basics of shamanic practice. People usually find them an eye-opening experience that opens a rich and amazing world of possibilities. Participants are shown simple yet profound techniques to enter shamanic reality to reconnect to their own spirituality. No prior experience is necessary. £50 for the day. More information on the workshop content and Therapeutic Shamanism here. To book contact Paul firstname.lastname@example.org
- CANCELLED Yoga Workshop with Gaby Porter – Saturday 18 April 10-1pm – Coming into our full selves – Integration Creating flow and a sense of wholeness in movement. Integrating into our everyday lives. The workshops are suitable for you if you have at least three months’ yoga practice or an equivalent physical practice. £30 or £25 concession. Please contact Gaby for more information and to reserve a place: email@example.com
- Feldenkrais Workshop with Anne Robertson – Sunday 18 April 2-5pm These workshops take place in Bodywise yoga studio, each with a different focus of Feldenkrais. Cost £35 or £30 concession. Book with Anne firstname.lastname@example.org tel: 07951728862. More information about what Feldenkrais is – Feldenkrais Method
- Yoga Workshop with Christine Howitt – Saturday 19 April 10am-1pm – Perfect tension. Build strength, resilience & cohesion through the spine. For those who have 3 months yoga experience with Christine or equivalent. £40 or £35 concession. Please book through Bodywise: 0161 833 2528 email@example.com
- CANCELLED Shiatsu Practitioner Training – Saturday 25 & Sunday 26 March with Shiatsu College Manchester. For more information, contact Phil at the Shiatsu College firstname.lastname@example.org
Book your Workshop
If the workshop you would like to book on shows you need to book through Bodywise, please call or email us to check availability before you pay by cash, cheque or Paypal (for Christine or Padmadarshini’s workshops only – please see bottom of page).
See our Calendar for dates and details.
We supply all equipment for you to use in your class or course. You can also buy yoga mats, belts and eye bags from the Manchester Buddhist Centre bookshop. See their opening times here under ‘How to get here’
Our way to practice is one step at a time, one breath at a time. Shunryu Suzuki
One-to-one tuition is an opportunity to explore yoga in more depth where we can help you tailor your practice to your own needs, either to accommodate an injury or health issue or help develop your own personal yoga or movement practice. 1 hour sessions cost £48 or £50. Call us for more information.
We have a beautiful purpose designed studio here at Bodywise, a quiet oasis in the heart of Manchester city centre.
Yoga & Movement Teachers
What kind of Yoga?
We teach dynamic flow sequences harmonising breath and movement which build strength, vitality and fluidity. This is balanced by a quiet yin style yoga practice which cultivates relaxation and stillness. We limit class size to optimise personal attention. In a yoga class you will learn about the core movement principles that underpin the practice of yoga and experience how these develop strength in the body.
Payment with PayPal
Pay £20 to secure your place on a workshop with Christine or Padmadarshini
There is a £1 admin charge