See our full Calendar for classes and courses
- Yoga Workshop with Christine Howitt – Returning to Centre: Spinal integrity – Saturday 3 August 10-1pm We will be building strength, cohesion and flexibility through the spine, working with a combination of gentle floor based Somatic movements and Yoga. For those who have 3 months yoga experience with Christine or equivalent. £40 or £35 concession. Please book through Bodywise: 0161 833 2528 email@example.com
- Shamanic Yoga Workshop with Rozzie Joyce – Saturday 31 August 2-5pm – The Spiritual Force of the Ocean This Shamanic Yoga workshop will explore the kaleidoscopic beauty of the oceanic realm. Glide through tides of consciousness to the heart of the ocean via the medium of Yoga, Relaxation and Shamanic Practice. Dive into uncharted depths, cleansing the energy body and unearthing pearls of wisdom along the way. Open to all, no experience in yoga or shamanism required. £32 or £27 concession. For more information and to book, contact Rozzie: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Next Step Shamanism Day Workshop – Saturday 7 September 10.15am-5pm – Intrusions and Extractions with Paul Connery and Dan Khan. This workshop is for people who have attended one of the introduction to Shamanism days, and who wish to delve a bit deeper into therapeutic shamanism, but who may not be able or ready to commit to the foundation courses at the present time. This workshop’s theme is Intrusions and Extractions. £50 for the day. To book contact Paul email@example.com
- Feldenkrais Workshop with Anne Robertson – Saturday 14 September 2-5pm – Bending, Twisting, Turning… Our spines are made in such a way that even small improvements in action in one plane can lead to improvements in another… These workshops take place in Bodywise yoga studio and cost £35 or £30 concession, each with a different focus of Feldenkrais. Book with Anne firstname.lastname@example.org tel: 07951728862. More information about what Feldenkrais is – Feldenkrais Method
- Yoga Workshop with Christine Howitt – Saturday 21 September 10-1pm – Releasing the Spine The spine needs to move in all directions to retain its flexibility and strength. In this workshop we will be opening up more possibilities to restore ease and mobility in the spine. For those who have 3 months yoga experience with Christine or equivalent. £40 or £35 concession. Please book through Bodywise: 0161 833 2528 email@example.com
- Shiatsu CPD Day with Hannah Mackay – Sunday 22 September 10.30am-5.30pm – Fear and anxiety, calmness and courage Working with emotions in shiatsu – for practitioners and 3rd year students, focused on anxiety. £70 or £63 for members of the Shiatsu Society. Please contact Hannah to book firstname.lastname@example.org or 07762 821364
- Shiatsu Practitioner Training – Saturday 28 & Sunday 29 September with Shiatsu College Manchester. £130 for the weekend. During the weekend we will develop awareness of Ki (energy) in our selves and others; introduce the principles of Shiatsu; and you will learn a full simple Shiatsu routine to practice on friends and family. Open to anyone, no experience required. This weekend represents the first of our 1 year Holistic Acupressure course, and the beginning of the 3 year professional accredited Shiatsu diploma. For more information, contact Phil at the Shiatsu College email@example.com
Book your Workshop
If the workshop you would like to book on shows you need to book through Bodywise, please call or email us to check availability before you pay by cash, cheque or Paypal (for Christine or Padmadarshini’s workshops only – please see bottom of page).
See our Calendar for dates and details.
We supply all equipment for you to use in your class or course. You can also buy yoga mats, belts and eye bags from the Manchester Buddhist Centre bookshop. See their opening times here under ‘How to get here’
Our way to practice is one step at a time, one breath at a time. Shunryu Suzuki
One-to-one tuition is an opportunity to explore yoga in more depth where we can help you tailor your practice to your own needs, either to accommodate an injury or health issue or help develop your own personal yoga or movement practice. 1 hour sessions cost £48. Call us for more information.
We have a beautiful purpose designed studio here at Bodywise, a quiet oasis in the heart of Manchester city centre.
Yoga & Movement Teachers
All our Teachers are fully trained with a high degree of continued professional development. Find out more about the Yoga Teachers and Movement Teachers.
What kind of Yoga?
We teach dynamic flow sequences harmonising breath and movement which build strength, vitality and fluidity. This is balanced by a quiet yin style yoga practice which cultivates relaxation and stillness. We limit class size to optimise personal attention. In a yoga class you will learn about the core movement principles that underpin the practice of yoga and experience how these develop strength in the body.
Payment with PayPal
Pay £20 to secure your place on a workshop with Christine or Padmadarshini
- There is a £1 admin charge