See our full Calendar for classes and courses
- Yoga Workshop with Gaby Porter – Saturday 2 March 10am-1pm The workshops are suitable for you if you have at least three months’ yoga practice or an equivalent physical practice. £35 or £30 concession. Please contact Gaby for more information and to reserve a place: email@example.com
- Feldenkrais Workshop with Anne Robertson – Stand easy. Saturday 2 March 2-5pm, repeated on Sunday 3 March 2-5pm Learning to stand on our own two feet is seen as the crucial developmental process for us as individuals and for our species. Being upright in gravity presents unique challenges to our balance and posture. Not surprising then that we may experience pain or fatigue when we stand for very long. How can we get better support through our skeletons so that we can stand more comfortably and move easily within standing and in and out of standing? These workshops take place in Bodywise yoga studio and cost £35 or £30 concession, each with a different focus of Feldenkrais. Book with Anne firstname.lastname@example.org tel: 07951728862. More information about what Feldenkrais is – Feldenkrais Method
- Shiatsu Practitioner Training – Saturday 9 & Sunday 10 March with Shiatsu College Manchester. For more information, contact Phil at the Shiatsu College email@example.com
- The Samurai Programme Training – Saturday 16 & Sunday 17 March with Shiatsu College Manchester. Open to Shiatsu practitioners/students, other body workers (Yoga, Pilates, Qigong etc.) or anyone working with children (in education/martial arts/sports clubs etc.) For more information, contact Phil at the Shiatsu College firstname.lastname@example.org
- Introducing Shamanism Day Workshop – Saturday 30 March 10.15am-5pm with Paul Connery and Dan Khan. The day is experiential, and covers the basics of shamanic practice. People usually find them an eye-opening experience that opens a rich and amazing world of possibilities. Participants are shown simple yet profound techniques to enter shamanic reality to reconnect to their own spirituality. No prior experience is necessary. £50 for the day. More information on the workshop content and Therapeutic Shamanism here. To book contact Paul email@example.com
- Shiatsu Practitioner Training – Saturday 6 & Sunday 7 April with Shiatsu College Manchester. For more information, contact Phil at the Shiatsu College firstname.lastname@example.org
- Yoga Workshop with Christine Howitt – Centring Down – Saturday 13 April 10-1pm A practice to build strength, resilience and cohesion through the spine. This is also an exploration of our relationship with gravity. For those who have 3 months yoga experience with Christine or equivalent. £40 or £35 concession. Please book through Bodywise: 0161 833 2528 email@example.com
- Yoga Nidra Workshop with Manjunaga – Saturday 13 April 2-5pm Yoga Nidra is an ancient guided restorative meditation practice that helps us connect to a deep underlying peace of mind that is always present amidst all the changing circumstances of our life. During this workshop we shall explore the practice of Yoga Nidra in more depth. An opportunity to turn inward, slow down and soften more deeply. Open to all levels of experience. For more information: www.manjunaga.com. Full workshop price is £32/£27 non-refundable, non-transferable. Please book with Manjunaga directly firstname.lastname@example.org
- Feldenkrais Workshop with Anne Robertson – Better Balance. Sunday 14 April 2-5pm These workshops take place in Bodywise yoga studio and cost £35 or £30 concession, each with a different focus of Feldenkrais. Book with Anne email@example.com tel: 07951728862. More information about what Feldenkrais is – Feldenkrais Method
- Yoga Workshop with Gaby Porter – Saturday 27 April 10am-1pm The workshops are suitable for you if you have at least three months’ yoga practice or an equivalent physical practice. £35 or £30 concession. Please contact Gaby for more information and to reserve a place: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shiatsu Practitioner CPD – Flexible Bodies, Stable Bodies. Sunday 28 April with Hannak Mackay MRSS(T). Themes explored in this workshop: Stretches and joint mobilisations to increase flexibility. Meeting the needs of stretchy, flexible and hypermobile people. Techniques and approaches to stabilise the body using the meridian system. Open to all shiatsu practitioners, and students who have completed at least two years of training with any school/college of shiatsu. £70 – Discounts available for professional members of the Shiatsu Society. Contact Hannah email@example.com
Book your Workshop
If the workshop you would like to book on shows you need to book through Bodywise, please call or email us to check availability before you pay by cash, cheque or Paypal (for Christine or Padmadarshini’s workshops only – please see bottom of page).
See our Calendar for dates and details.
We supply all equipment for you to use in your class or course. You can also buy yoga mats, belts and eye bags from the Manchester Buddhist Centre bookshop. See their opening times here under ‘How to get here’
Our way to practice is one step at a time, one breath at a time. Shunryu Suzuki
One-to-one tuition is an opportunity to explore yoga in more depth where we can help you tailor your practice to your own needs, either to accommodate an injury or health issue or help develop your own personal yoga or movement practice. 1 hour sessions cost £48. Call us for more information.
We have a beautiful purpose designed studio here at Bodywise, a quiet oasis in the heart of Manchester city centre.
Yoga & Movement Teachers
All our Teachers are fully trained with a high degree of continued professional development. Find out more about the Yoga Teachers and Movement Teachers.
What kind of Yoga?
We teach dynamic flow sequences harmonising breath and movement which build strength, vitality and fluidity. This is balanced by a quiet yin style yoga practice which cultivates relaxation and stillness. We limit class size to optimise personal attention. In a yoga class you will learn about the core movement principles that underpin the practice of yoga and experience how these develop strength in the body.
Payment with PayPal
Pay £20 to secure your place on a workshop with Christine or Padmadarshini
- There is a £1 admin charge