Pregnancy Yoga Class
Day: Every Thursday
Cost: £8 / £6.50 concession – cash only
Time: 11.45am – 1pm
Who is it for? This class is suitable for all pregnancy stages from 14 weeks onwards.
Can I come if I’m a beginner? Yes! No previous yoga is experience necessary.
I only have my lunch hour! Join us a little later, at 12 -1pm. We want to support you while you are still at work.
Who is the Yoga Teacher? Janine Hurley
Is it every week? Yes except for some Public Holidays so do check our Calendar for class holidays
FAQs about Pregnancy Yoga
- What do I bring? All yoga equipment is provided; no need to bring anything
- What do I wear? Wear everyday comfortable clothes that you can stretch and move about easily in
- Can I eat before the class? Yes a snack and a drink before the class is fine. It’s best to save having a big meal for after the class
- Can I attend the class if I suffer from symphysis pubis dysfunction? Yes you can come and benefit from all the relaxing, beneficial effects of Pregnancy Yoga like everyone else. Make sure you tell Janine and she will offer you modifications throughout the class to help with your condition and keep you comfortable.
Benefits Pregnancy Yoga can bring
- Improved Sleep – tips are given about how to get comfortable at night
- Posture – improved alignment and better breathing
- Blood circulation – to you and baby/babies
- Inner strength – prepare to be a mother with the heart and soul
- Digestion – relieve heartburn
- Energy levels and vitality
- Flexibility and tone
- Calmness and relaxation – better approach to labour and birth
Whether this is your first pregnancy or you have been pregnant before, Pregnancy Yoga is here to help you live your pregnancy the best possible way, preparing yourself both mentally and physically for the birth of your baby/babies. Pregnancy Yoga is also a great opportunity to socialise with other pregnant women, share tips & support each other in this most precious time of your life.
What can I expect from the Pregnancy Yoga class?
Classes are adapted to the specific needs of the students so everyone can practise with confidence, ease and comfort. Modifications are offered according to stages of pregnancy, flexibility and strength. Various breathing techniques are taught for different stages of labour – offering aid for pain relief and focus during labour and birthing.
Perfectly located in the heart of Manchester city centre, Bodywise Pregnancy Yoga classes create a space for the expecting Mum to feel nurtured and rested through a variety of easy exercises, tailored for her exclusive needs. You will learn how to relax, centre yourself and feel more serene for the big day.
Also see our Fertility – Pregnancy – Babies page for Birth Rehearsals, and Parent and Baby Yoga
Couples Birth Workshop
Demystifying birth for the partners, fun two hour workshop, exploring the journey of birth, weaved with a little hypno relaxation! Prepare for birth in the best possible way, suitable from 32 weeks, no need to have attended my classes
Sunday 15th February 3-5pm 2015
Booking: Book a place – £30 for couple
- June 29, 2017 11:45 amYoga for Pregnancy - Janine
- July 6, 2017 11:45 amYoga for Pregnancy - Janine
- July 13, 2017 11:45 amYoga for Pregnancy - Janine
- July 20, 2017 11:45 amYoga for Pregnancy - Janine
- July 27, 2017 11:45 amYoga for Pregnancy - Janine